Armed with a pack of Well and Good Gluten Free Marble Cake Mix (that includes the pink icing!) I set out to make the most fabulous cupcakes ever. I made the cake mix up to the instructions on the pack, so easy! Layered the mix into the cupcake cases, ignored the very helpful how to swirl instructions and voila – top deck inspired cupcakes.
I baked these babies in the oven at 175c for 15 minutes and they were perfect. I would keep an eye on them from around 12 minutes depending on your oven.
Whoever said that gluten free, dairy free eating couldn’t be fun, simple and delicious needs to get on board with this awesome cake mix.
- 1 x pack Well & Good Gluten Free Marble Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 4tbsp (80g) dairy free margarine
- 1 packet pink icing (provided)
- 3 tsp. (15ml) water
- 3 tbsp (60g) dairy free margarine
- Preheat your oven to 175°C
- Line a 12 hole cupcake tray with liners
- In a large bowl combine water, eggs and margarine with marble cake mix gently with a wooden spoon to a smooth consistency.
- Spoon batter into cupcake tray holes, filling them between 1/3-1/2, leaving remaining mixture in the bowl.
- Add sachet of chocolate provided and water to remaining batter and stir till smooth.
- Gently spoon the chocolate batter on the top of the vanilla mix, leave as a layer or gently swirl and fold with a knife.
- Set to bake for 15 minutes.
- Rest for 5min in the tray, then place cupcakes on a wire rack to cool.
In a bowl combine icing mixture with margarine mix with hand mixer gradually adding the water until icing is a smooth and creamy consistency.
Allow to cool and then spread over the cupcakes.