The first Friday in June is a special day, it’s National Doughnut Day. That means that June 5th will be the day to celebrate this delicious snack in 2020. Are you ready to make your own gluten free doughnut holes
It takes one packet of Well and Good
gluten free muffin mix
, some cinnamon and a little patience and the result is glorious.
We used a 24 hole mini muffin tray and created 3 variations of doughnut holes. Plain, jam, and lemon curd. The variations are truly endless – we’re thinking Nutella will star in the next batch.
To help create a doughnut flavour we added cinnamon to the muffin mix and when they were cool enough to handle, brushed melted butter across the top and rolled them in cinnamon sugar.
- 1 x pack Well and Good Muffin Mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) of oil
- ½ cup (125ml) of water
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
- Your choice of filling i.e Jam or lemon curd
- 200g Melted butter
- Cinnamon sugar
- Preheat your oven to 185°C (175°C fan forced)
- Grease a 24-hole mini muffin tray
- Combine water, oil, eggs, muffin mix and cinnamon in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.
- For the doughnut holes that you are going to fill, fill muffin holes 1/3. Gently spoon in the filling of your choice – I used about 1 tsp of jam/curd then top with muffin mix to fill hole around ¾ full.
- Set to bake for 15-17 minutes then remove from oven.
- Once the doughnut holes are cool enough to handle, pop them out of their tray and brush with butter and dip into cinnamon sugar.