Peach & Sour Cream slice is a golden oldie recipe. When my mum used to make it she called it Peach Kuchen. Being gluten free and wanting to use the ingredients in my cupboard, I just grabbed the dry ingredients from my basic cake recipe and used Well and Good self raising flour. For the filling, you could get creative use apples or even apricots instead.
The slice has been tested out on kids, family and friends. They were all surprised at the sour cream being delicious and not sour creamy! Everyone had more than once piece which I consider a success!
- 1 x cup Well and Good Self Raising Flour
- ½ x cup caster sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 x cup desiccated coconut
- 1tsp vanilla
- 125g melted butter
- 300g sour cream (I used light cream)
- 400g can sliced peaches
- 1tsp cinnamon sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a square slice tin with baking paper.
- Combine the dry cake ingredients in a bowl, add melted butter and vanilla. Mix until combined then press down into slice tin.
- Pop into oven for 15 mins, until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Spread fruit over the base and then spread the sour cream evenly across the top. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. (or like me with some cinnamon then a little sugar).
- Cook for 20 mins until the sour cream has set.
- Remove from oven and let cool before slicing.
This one is best eaten on or as close to the day of baking as possible. It’s no good to freeze.