I have been after a gluten free white chocolate mud cake for some time and with a little help from the Well and Good marble cake my dream has become a reality. For this cake I really wanted to use the Pink Icing that comes with the marble cake mix, but unfortunately my daughter ‘baked’ with it while I was hanging the washing on the line. After a momentary meltdown and some quick internet searching, the berry buttercream emergency pink icing was very tasty and the coconut sprinkled over the top gave it a bit of pizzazz – if I say so myself!
You will need:
- 1 x Well & Good Gluten Free Marble Cake Mix
- 4 x Egg Whites
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 150g White Chocolate
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- Preheat oven to 150c.
- Grease/Line a 20cm round cake tin.
- Into a bowl place the Marble Cake Mix, egg whites and milk into a large bowl combine with a wooden spoon.
- Microwave for 40 seconds the white chocolate and oil. Remove from microwave and stir.
- Combine all into the large bowl. Pour into cake tin and into the oven for 60 mins.
HOT TIP – cover cake with foil while baking to keep the colour pale.
Allow to cool in tin for 5-10 mins before removing and cooling on rack.
Once the cake is cool, make up the icing according to the pack or create your own.