The smell of chocolate baking, it is a beautiful thing isn’t it? I love it when you are out for a walk and you can smell someone’s baking, I love it even more when the cake is in my oven! Everyone in the family enjoys these brownies, and I have at times made up a batch to take over to a friend’s place – they are always surprised that it is gluten free. These gluten free brownies are a quick and easy chocolate fix. It has dairy free options that do not change the soft goodness of the final product. For this recipe I followed the instructions on the back of the pack.
- 1 pack Chocolate Mud Cake Mix 450g
- 3 X medium sized eggs
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 100g dairy free margarine
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (160°C fan forced oven)
- Melt the chocolate and margarine on high in a microwave for about 90 – 120 seconds
- Mix well, add eggs and Mix Well.
- Add mud cake mix, and continue to mix to a smooth consistency.
- Pour batter into a greased (or lined) tray (27cm x 18cm x 3cm)
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes
Option: use butter to replace margarine if preferred.