The Well and Good Cafe Style Bread Mix is a popular bread mix with those wanting a yummy bread that is gluten free. Gluten free cafe bread is very simple to bake and you can use your oven or a bread maker. The loaf’s inside will be soft and fluffy with a yummy crust, just like you can buy at your favourite cafe.
You will need:
Half the bag (375g) of Cafe Style Bread Mix.
2 tbsp. (40ml) oil of your choice.
1 ½ cups (375ml) of water.
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C (fan forced)
2. In a large bowl combine bread mix, oil and water. Mix with an electric mixer on a medium speed for 2 min or until a thick batter is formed.
3. Grease or line a standard 23cm loaf tin, scrape bread batter into the tin, and let it stand for 10-15 minutes.
4. Brush the loaf with water and set to bake for 55 – 60 minutes
Add something extra to your bread:
1. Instead of using one large bread tin, you can use several smaller tins like we did in the picture below.
2. If you use smaller tins you’ll need to reduce cooking time. We cooked our mini loaves for 30 minutes.
3. You can add your favourite extras such as dates or olives.
4. For a fun alternative for the kids, try adding sprinkles into the batter before baking. Alternatively, brush some oil onto the top of the loaf and add sprinkles.